Advanced engineering level 3 apprenticeshipApply now
About this programme
On an average day, we sort 58 million items. Getting each item where it needs to be is a complex, logistical challenge – one that we need our engineers to help solve.
Our Engineering apprenticeship will see you use the cutting-edge technology needed to deliver a first-class service. You will cover everything from high-tech robotics to intelligent sorting machines. Further opportunities to continue on to higher-level apprenticeships are available, offering you a fantastic career in engineering.
Hear from our people
Find out more from our Engineering apprentices who are currently completing their programme with Royal Mail.
What you'll learn
- Develop a blend of skills, knowledge and behaviours across engineering disciplines including electrical, electronic, mechanical, fluid power and control systems.
- Understand how to install, test, troubleshoot and maintain complex automated equipment
- Gain invaluable experience by learning challenging theory and applying it on-the-job
- Get a membership with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Be supported by experienced mentors and managers
- Develop the fundamental skills required to pursue a career in engineering
- On completion of the programme, you will be a registered EngTech member.
Who we're looking for
- Have a natural flair for problem solving and a logical approach to work
- Have a strong work ethic and understand the importance of assuring safety and quality
- Are a sound communicator and can operate well within a team
- Are passionate about understanding how things work
- Want to learn and develop in a hands-on role.